Whether you are new to Durham, new to Kings or new to church we’d love to welcome you to worship with us at Kings.
The best way to meet us is to visit one of our Sunday meetings. Morning Worship meeting is 10.30am in the Dunelm House ballroom all year round (map below), where we worship God together and engage with the Scriptures. There are activities for children part way through the meeting.
Our Welcome Team will be on hand to answer any questions you might have, and there’s time to meet people over coffee after the meeting.
When you visit make yourself know to us, ask for one of our Newcomers’ packs and we’d be glad to invite you along to a quarterly Newcomers’ meal to find out more about King’s Church.
- On-street parking is available outside the DSU on New Elvet and outside the Appleby Rooms on Church Street, and is free on Sundays. Disabled parking can be arranged on request.
- On Sunday mornings we meet in Dunelm House. The main entrance is accessible from just after Kingsgate Bridge or from New Elvet. We meet in the Fonteyn Ballroom which is on the bottom floor, down 3 flights of stairs.
- Disabled access and access for prams and pushchairs is available via a ramp a little way down to the right from Dunelm House (as you are facing thevenue), leading directly to the Fonteyn Ballroom. Knock and the door shall be opened unto you by a member of our welcome team.
- Once you arrive feel free to find a seat yourself, or one of our welcome team will be able to assist you.
- In the back left corner, facing the stage, there is an area for parents with small children with extra space for prams and pushchairs and easy access to the stairs for changing facilities and if you need to take your child out for whatever reason. Many families with young children sit in this area, but there is no compulsion to!
- Toilets are located up the first flight of stairs and around the back of the second flight of stairs. Unfortunately there are no accessible disabled toilets available at this venue.
- At this time there is no audio induction loop system available.
During The Service
- The normal duration of a meeting is 1 hour 30min. We open and close the meeting with a block of worship songs.
- Midway through the service an offering will be taken. This is primarily for regular members to support the work of church. Offering baskets will be passed round, please do not feel obliged to give, but feel free to do so if you wish. For more information see our giving at Kings page.
- Children stay with their families for the first half of the meeting and leave to join their various groups during the offering. There is a crèche for babies up to two years old located at the top of the building and 4 Kids@Kings groups for ages 3-13. Our kids workers in yellow polo shirts will be able to guide you.
- During the service the Bible is read and preached on. We do not have church bibles so please bring your own.
- On the first Sunday of the month we take communion together as a church. We practice an open communion table where anyone who knows and loves the Lord Jesus is welcome to take communion.
After The Service
- Refreshments and snacks are served at the back of the ballroom after the meeting.
- Children should be collected from their groups promptly after the end of the meeting. Children in Sparklers, Torches and Lazers will be brought down by their group leaders.
- We’d love to get to know you, so please introduce yourself!