6pm | Gathered service (St Oswald’s Institute, Church Street)
7.30pm | Online Zoom service
We’re excited that we can gather in person for worship but we are still limited by capacity and COVID restrictions, however, we hope that in time everyone who wants to will be able to join a gathering.
Our Gathered Worship is ticket-only, runs for 45 minutes in St Oswald’s Institute with COVID-Secure restrictions.
Tickets are available until Saturday 6pm before the service, so that we can create a seating plan and set it up.
Where possible please sign up as a whole household group as this maximises the space we have available.
Sign up here or ring 0191 384 2018 in office hours and they can take your booking details.
For the 7.30pm Zoom service link and password, please fill in this form.
Please be ready to follow these COVID-Secure Restrictions:
- Bring everything you need with you! (Bible, notebook, pen, face covering…)
- Wash your hands before coming.
- Queue 2m from other households.
- Remain 2m from other households at all times in the building.
- Wear a face covering at all times.
- If you have NHS Track and Trace app, have it ready on the door when we register you (tickets are non-transferable).
- Use hand sanitiser on entrance and exit.
- Touch objects and surfaces as little as possible.
- Wait for direction to your seat and remain there (avoid using toilets if possible).
- We can’t sing as a congregation – but enjoy humming, clapping and generally joining in, within your seating space!
- Exit as stewarded, disperse immediately and do not mingle outside.
If you have any questions do contact us.
During University term-time and in non-pandemic times, we have two evening services at 6pm and 7.30pm at St Oswalds Institute.
Our evening meetings follow a simple format: opening worship, a talk engaging with Scripture, and more worship and response time. The band begin leading worship a couple of minutes before the formal start of each meeting. If you have a testimony to share at Evening Worship, please chat to Chris Morgan or the meeting leader.
If it’s near the beginning or end of term, you can check the Church Calendar to be sure whether Evening Worship is happening.