Our vision and values elaborate the church’s mission statement.
- To witness to the gospel of Jesus across Durham City, in the University and beyond.
- To be an open Church that welcomes everyone and invited them into the life-transforming truth about Jesus.
- To serve the communities of Durham with love and humility.
- To equip people to make an impact for God in Church and society both locally, nationally and around the world.
- To act as a catalyst for partnership and mission in the body of Christ.
- To pursue a radical vision of the Church—under Scripture, alive in the power of the Spirit and spreading the good news of Jesus.
- To communicate the kingdom message of Jesus’ saving death and resurrection with passion through words, works and wonders.
- To be a community of wholehearted disciples—following Jesus in every part of our lives.
- To focus our common life on being a worshipping, gracious and loving community, where everyone can grow in faith through prayer and living out the Bible, and where together we witness to God’s grace in Jesus Christ.
- To order our life together as Christ’s body so that the gifts that the Holy Spirit gives to each contribute to the common good.
- To put God at the centre of all we are and do.