Applications for the 2024-25 Internship Programme are open!
Grow in Faith.
The widely-recognised King’s Church Durham Internship Programme, which has been running since 2005, is designed to produce godly leaders with a passion for the gospel, the Bible, the Church and mission.
The Programme comprises six key elements:
- Studying the Bible & Theology
- Growing as Disciples
- Serving the Church
- Developing in Leadership
- Reaching the World
- Engaging with Society
As an Intern, you will be given a breadth of experiences tailored to your gifts and skills. You will have many opportunities to serve God, deepen your faith, grow in your discipleship, develop your personal and ministry skills, and discover and cultivate your passions and gifts.
- Combines serious theological study with church-based ministry
- Is located in a leading university city
- Is based in a thriving evangelical community church with strong bible-teaching, a missional focus and large student ministry
- Is run by a highly experienced and qualified church-based training team
- Provides opportunities to serve in the socially diverse North East of England
- Takes young men and women at pre- and post-University ages
- Suits those looking for a stretching ‘high expectations – high input’ gap year programme.
- Is an excellent first step for people considering future ministry
Follow our Interns on Instagram to get a flavour of what the programme involves!
Download our full Internship prospectus for more detailed information:
Interns have gone on to an active involvement in the life of the church as well as work in a wide range of professional fields including: church ministry, medicine, youth work, banking, politics, prison ministry, government, nursing, education, the voluntary sector, computing, sales, the arts, self-employment and further theological study.
A second year – the Ministry Training Programme – is available for those wishing to further specialise in church based-ministry and leadership.
We’d love to chat with you as you explore the Internship!
Grab a member of the Internship or Staff Team on a Sunday, or get in touch at email@example.com.