Morning Worship During Coronavirus
10.30am | Physical gathering (St Oswald’s Institute)
10.30am | Live-streamed service on YouTube
We’re excited that we can gather in person for worship but we are still limited by capacity and COVID restrictions, including the need to take bookings. However, we hope that in time everyone who wants to will be able to join a gathering on a regular if not weekly basis.
We are running two gatherings on a Sunday morning, one for families with children under 12 at 9.30am and one for everyone else at 10.30am.
To find out more about our Family Gatherings go to kcd.org.uk/children.
Our 10.30am gathering is ticket-only, runs for around 50 minutes in St Oswald’s Institute, Church Street with COVID-Secure restrictions. Tickets are available until the Saturday afternoon before the service, so that we can create a seating plan and set it up. Where possible please sign up as a whole household group as this maximises the space we have available.
Sign up below or ring 0191 384 2018 in office hours (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm) and they can take your booking details. You may not ‘give’ your ticket away to someone else, but you can encourage them to book in themselves.
If you want to be part of our Morning Worship gatherings please book to come to the following:
10.30am Morning Worship (book by Saturday 6pm)
- 6 December | 10.30am, St Oswald’s Institute
- 13 December – Carol Service – online only
- 20 December | 10.30am, St Oswald’s Institute
If you have attended any KCD gathered service in the last 2 weeks, please wait until the Thursday before the Sunday service to book a place. This gives others who haven’t attended in a while more of a chance!
If you cannot come PLEASE tell us ASAP, preferably before Friday 1pm, so we can let others take your place.
If you are coming as a household group, please name them in the questions and be aware that you may still be seated as singles or in a pair depending on capacity in the seating plan.
Ticket and Seat Availability:
Tickets are always available until midnight the Thursday before the service, so that we can create a suitable seating plan on Friday.
If tickets have run out, you can do one of the following:
- book yourself into the Waiting List ticket
- book in for next Sunday (see website or ChurchSuite for the event link)
- or come to this Sunday’s 10.30am Online Morning Worship
Please be ready to follow these COVID-Secure Restrictions:
- Do not attend this gathering if:
- you have any of the symptoms, or a positive test result, of Coronavirus
- you have been told to self-isolate by NHS Track & Trace
- you have a health condition (e.g. a cold or hayfever) that could make others more fearful of being in the same space.
- Bring everything you need with you and don’t share with others outside your household (Bible, notebook, pen, face covering…)
- Wash your hands before coming.
- Queue 2m from other households.
- Remain 2m from other households at all times.
- Wear a face covering properly and at all times.
- Use hand sanitiser at the main entrances.
- Touch objects and surfaces as little as possible.
- Avoid using toilets if at all possible.
- On entering the ballroom, wait for direction to your seat and remain there.
- If possible download the NHS Track and Trace app, and be ready to use the QR code under your seat.
- We can’t sing as a congregation – but enjoy humming, clapping and generally joining in, within your seating space!
- Exit as stewarded, disperse immediately and do not mingle outside.
If you have any questions do contact us.
Our main weekly gathering takes place every Sunday morning, 10.30am-12 noon at the Durham Students Union.
We believe in meeting together as a whole community to worship together, hear a talk from the Bible, share refreshments, and have an opportunity to pray together.
Our meetings always begin with worship in order to bring our focus towards Jesus our King. We believe in giving space and time to praise God, to celebrate his work in creation, salvation and our future hope, and allowing him to speak to us through the Holy Spirit.
Get involved with our worship team.
Also central to Sunday Mornings is the preaching of Scripture and our normal pattern is to work systematically through a book of the Bible.
See our current preaching series below, or you can listen to recent sermons.
Another important part of our meetings is the opportunity to have fellowship with one another and we encourage everyone to stay for teas and coffees after the meeting.
If you have kids, see our Children section for details of our children’s groups.
For more information see our Visit Us page.