Whether you are new to Durham, new to Kings or new to church we’d love to welcome you to worship with us at Kings.
The best way to meet us is to visit one of our Sunday meetings. Morning Worship meeting is 10.30am in the Dunelm House ballroom all year round (map below), where we worship God together and engage with the Scriptures. There are activities for children that start part way through the meeting.
Our Welcome Team will be on hand to answer any questions you might have, and there’s time to meet people after the meeting. Look our for our welcome point with a TV screen at the back.
When you visit make yourself know to us, ask for one of our Newcomers’ packs and we’d be glad to invite you along to a quarterly Newcomers’ meal to find out more about King’s Church.
- On-street parking is available (view on a map) outside the DSU on New Elvet and outside the Appleby Rooms on Church Street, as well as in the car park behind the English Department on Hallgarth Street, and is free on Sundays. There is limited parking on-site for those with accessibility needs.
- On Sunday mornings we meet in Dunelm House. The main entrance is accessible from just after Kingsgate Bridge or from New Elvet. We meet in the Fonteyn Ballroom which is on the bottom floor, all the way down the stairs.
- Disabled access and access for prams and pushchairs is available via a ramp starting by the side of the Elvet Riverside building, leading directly to the Fonteyn Ballroom (view on a map).
- Once you arrive feel free to find a seat yourself, or one of our welcome team will be able to assist you.
- In the back left corner, facing the stage, there is an area for parents with small children with extra space for prams and pushchairs and easy access to the stairs for changing facilities and if you need to take your child out for whatever reason. Many families with young children sit in this area, but there is no compulsion to!
- Toilets are located up the first flight of stairs and around the back of the second flight of stairs. Unfortunately there are no accessible disabled toilets available at this venue.
- At this time there is no audio induction loop system available.
During The Service
- The normal duration of a meeting is a little over an hour and a half. We open and close the meeting with a block of worship songs.
- There is an offering box at the back for one-off gifts. Please don’t feel obliged to give, but feel free to do so if you wish. For more information see our giving at Kings page.
- Children stay with their families for the first part of the meeting and leave to join their children’s ministry groups during the offering. There is a crèche for babies up to two years old usually located in the Vane Tempest Room one floor up from the Ballroom, and four Kids@Kings groups for ages 3-13. Our kids workers in yellow polo shirts will be able to guide you.
- During the service the Bible is read and preached on. We do not have church bibles so please bring your own.
- On the first Sunday of the month (usually) we take communion together as a church. We practice an open communion table where anyone who knows and loves the Lord Jesus is welcome to take communion. Parents may decide how their children participate.
After The Service
- Children should be collected from their groups promptly after the end of the meeting. Children in Sparklers, Torches and Lazers will be brought down by their group leaders.
- We’d love to get to know you, so please introduce yourself!